Wednesday 5 December 2012

Polish Days: Bling



For this Polish Days theme of "bling", I went a bit crazy and found some of those little stick on stars that you get in craft shops. It is pretty much the least practical design ever, but it's fun and Christmassy too.

I'd hoped to wear my bling nails to the work Christmas party on Friday, but it will be a miracle if they last that long!



I was able to use one of my favourite polishes at the moment, the holographic polish from Boots' 17 range. It has an odd plastic film like texture to it, which makes it have a really lustrous, glossy finish. It does take a fair while to dry though.

I'd been looking for an excuse to try out one of the Nails Inc Special Effects 3D glitters, and this one, 'Fitzroy Square' does not disappoint. I was a little concerned with the first coat that there wasn't much glitter coverage, as it is blue glitter in a clear base, but the second coat went on a lot thicker. There are two coats in the image above, and I can see why it is called 3D glitter, as it has the same appearance as actually sprinkling loose glitter onto your nails. There's more sparkle to it than comes across in the above picture. Also, I got it for £3 at TK Maxx; and with the holo polish being only £3.99 as well, everyone loves a Christmas bargain!








5 comments:

  1. Great job! Do let us know if your mani made it thru the party! :)

    Happy holidays!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOooh the stars look so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those stars are cute! Definitely attention-grabbing! And the combination with the polish is so Christmasy! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the stars. Did it last until the party?

    ReplyDelete